Take your favorite cheese to the next level. Whether you're celebrating, or just looking to impress guests, bake up this decadent Apple Baked Cheese dish to keep everyone's bellies full and happy!
Apple Baked Carolina Moon
1 round of your favorite goat or brie cheese
1/2 Gold Rush or Granny Smith apple, cored & thinly sliced
1 tsp cinnamon
2 sheets phyllo dough
2 tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees; cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out one sheet of phyllo dough on parchment paper and brush lightly with melted butter; lay other sheet of phyllo crosswise over the first, and lightly brush with butter.
2. Place cheese round in the center of the phyllo (leaving rind on), then lay apple slices across cheese, layering if necessary; sprinkle cinnamon on top of apple slices.
3. Fold phyllo into center of the cheese, twisting at the top to make a bundle. Be gentle, as the dough may tear a bit, but firmly press together so it stays in place.
4. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, baking until golden brown; then let cool about 15 minutes before serving.
5. Serve warm with crackers, spiced nuts, and your favorite jam!