Porcini Trumpet Pasta with Winter Spinach + Cream
For me (and many others), pasta is the ultimate comfort food.
A long day? Throw together a pot of fusilli with marinara - maybe some sautéed veggies. Cozy date night in? Garlic shrimp with lemon zest over steaming linguine and butter should do the trick.
This recipe sings the praises of both Sfoglini Pasta Shop's porcini trumpet pasta - made with porcini puree and organic semolina flour - and the ultra-versatile green, spinach. The cheese also really helps to make the dish shine - so don't be shy!
Porcini Trumpet Pasta with Winter Spinach and Cream
Serves 2 - 3
10 oz Sfoglini porcini trumpet pasta
1 baby leek, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 cup cream
3/4 cup chicken stock
large handful of fresh spinach
2 sprigs parsley, chopped
2 sprigs marjoram, chopped
generous helping of parmesan reggiano or pecorino cheese
1. Bring water to a boil and cook pasta until almost al dente.
2. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water for the sauce.
3. Over medium heat, sweat leeks in a pan until soft; add garlic and cook until fragrant.
4. Add cream, chicken stock, and reserved pasta water; reduce.
5. Add pasta, spinach, and sherry vinegar to cream sauce; toss in fresh herbs.
6. Finely grate a generous heap of parmesan reggiano or pecorino cheese atop to finish the dish.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!